Wednesday, 5 August 2015

this girl next door...“I’m blogging for #YouMakeMeWIN to honour a blogger who has influenced me and deserves to be nominated at WIN15. ”



This girl next door


 “I’m blogging for #YouMakeMeWIN to honour a blogger who has influenced me and deserves to be nominated at WIN15    tinaacharya.blogspot.com

Hello everyone!! This is to tell you about this quiet little girl next door.
Medium built, short hair, always well dressed but definitely not model material and from a place far off, the land I know nothing of.

She talks about her village, about how she has to travel by bus and walk a good deal to reach her home where her maa and baba live , all mud roads, thatch-roofed houses, female infanticide, deeply into caste system, probably into child marriages too. And she very strongly opposes all these and thinks she can change the system.

 What rubbish!! I thought,  gave her one of my best smiles and went on with my daily routines, of course, which I have many. My house, my husband, my children, my kitchen and all the MYs under the sun which belongs to me.

For some reason..maybe because, I was never rude to her and gave ear to all her discussions and also dropped my extra bright ideas here and there, she thought I’m sooper-dooper at writing too. Now, what a joke!! I thought and again went on with my daily routines, of course, which I have many. I know, for a fact. I can go on yak yak yak on a given subject, but to put that into words? Forget it, not my cup of tea!

This sweet little village belle, followed me, like Mary’s little lamb, trying her best to convince me to start off blogging and proudly showing off all the lovely goodies she has won from Blogadda. All her badges, free coupons and her-all paid -travel episodes. On her way to being- The Rich and Famous-.

Deep in my heart, that did it, I think. This quiet little girl next door from a place far off, the land I know nothing of, had the art of wielding her pen to thrust thoughts into people’s stubborn minds. WHOA! Amazing treasury of words, thoughts and ideas, I had never read before,  ALIVE… a strong, brave, activist-writer., surely a leader to abolish all those social evils she spoke of in her home town. 
Rani of Jhansi and Razia Sultan would be proud to see an INDIAN WOMAN slashing her pen across borders to abolish the BAD and bring about the GOOD.

Here I am , friends, thanks to someone who I never took seriously, sitting and describing her in a 400 worded article…
She has made a MIRACLE happen in front of my own unbelieving eyes!!
THANK YOU TINA ARCHARYA !! tinaacharya.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Tina Acharya said...

Sunitha...you have really put it very well in words. Thank you for the extra glorification but I liked more your "writing style"...you are a writer. Just put them in words!!! keep writing!!!