Friday, 13 May 2016

Lost !! Dear Friend!!… Lost !! ….



This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’




Lost !!   Dear Friend!!… Lost !! ….


My long lost friend, please turn up on my door step
As you do in my dreams.
With a bunch of pretty flowers
And my favorite chocolate cake
That has a cherry on top.
My long lost friend, please turn up on my door step
As you do in my dreams.

I wait for you during the day time
And see you during the nights
Speak to you, when I’m sad and lonely
And laugh with you when I’m in glee.
My long lost friend, please turn up on my door step
As you do in my dreams.

Remember the songs we together sang
Not bothered that we were so off tune
And danced in the rains, so wet through the skin
And not bothered that we could fall sick
My long lost friend, please turn up on my door step
As you do in my dreams.

Threw off the jeans and tees
To try out mummy’s sarees
Stole her makeup kit, to try all her artistic tactics
Succeed we never did, but however just got a  kick
My long lost friend, please turn up on my door step
As you do in my dreams

An appeal to Facebook, Twitter and Watsapp
Or whatever else it may take
To bring back my long lost friend.
My long lost friend, please turn up on my door step
As you do in my dreams










3 comments:

Tina Acharya said...

wow!! Such a lovely poem!! welcome back Dear Sunita :)

sunitha hari said...

Thank you very much, Tina. lovely to be back again. :)

Darshana Suresh said...

Hoping you get your long lost friend back. Lovely poem. :)